Mothers deserve wellness just as much as anyone else, but it can be tricky to find the time when your hands are full. Since there’s never a true day off as a parent we’ve found that it’s essential to create small chunks of time throughout the week that provide time for self care. Today we’re rounding up a few of our go to tasks that help achieve balance and promote wellness. Our idea with sharing these tasks is not to overwhelm you and add more to your list, but to provide a breakaway task list to help you nurture YOU!
1. Show gratitude. While the buzz of the new year can be inspiring, sometimes it can feel overwhelming to tackle all of the things we want to do. So before you make that lengthy list of goals take a few moments and write down five things you are grateful for today.
2. Meditate. Start your day with five to ten minutes of guided meditation through the Headspace app, like this one. And if you don’t have time in the morning, sneak away during a nap or at bedtime. Giving yourself this gift of mindfulness is helpful in so many ways.
3. Yoga break. This podcast has easy, free twenty minute sessions you can do anytime of day. Taking a break and giving yourself a few minutes to breath, exercise and quiet your mind can do wonders not only for you, but how you engage with your littles.
4. Get outside. During the winter months, especially with little ones, we all make excuses on why it makes sense to hibernate at home. That being said, getting out for some fresh air whether it’s in the morning while you have help at home or taking your little ones to the park. The hardest part is getting out the door, but once we’re all out I never regret it!
5. Make mindful goals. Take ten minutes to prioritize five areas of your life that are most important to you. From there make one realistic goal on how you can improve that area of your life. Start with small tasks and once you’ve accomplished them you can move on to larger goals. It’s important not to overdo it – remember, you’ve already got your hands full!